National Arts Council (NAC) has opened its September 2021/2022 Bursary program and is inviting all applicants to apply ASAP. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 3 September 2021.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NAC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate and postgraduate or qualification, in one of the aforementioned arts fields
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised institution outside of South Africa
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications must be done online at National Arts Council (NAC) Bursary Application
Candidates must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with their online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy, no older than 6 months old)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of application or acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institution letterhead)
- Academic Transcript
- Fees Structure
- Students banking details
- 2 reference letters (signed, dated and no older than 18 months)
- Students proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificates if deceased)
NAC BURSARY COVERAGE
The bursary will fund undergraduate and postgraduate studies in art fields, which are supported by the NAC, including:
- Visual Arts
Selection will be based on 5 main criteria:
1) artistic merit
2) financial need
3) credibility of the qualification
4) acceptance at a tertiary institution
5) prestige of the institution
The bursary award will be a maximum of R250 000, and will be awarded once each financial year. The bursary is renewable each year, for the full duration of the qualification, subject to the bursary recipient completing each year and abiding by grant conditions.
Candidates will be informed of the final outcome by no later than 31 October 2021. Students who do not receive any feedback, should regard their application as unsuccessful.