KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary 2022/2023

The KwaDukuza Local Municipality is situated within the KwaZulu-Natal Province, in the iLembe District has opened its 2022/2023 academic year bursary application and is inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP. APPLY NOW

The KwaDukuza Municipality is inviting students residing within the KwaDukuza area, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.

Closing Date: 15 February 2022 (at 15:00).

Bursaries are available for undergraduate (National Diploma or Degree) studies, within these fields:

  • Accounting
  • Architecture
  • Built Environment
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce
  • Community and Economic Development Studies
  • Construction Management
  • Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
  • Environmental Management
  • Horticulture
  • Housing
  • Internal Audit
  • Legal
  • Library Science
  • Local Government Management
  • Logistics
  • Occupational Health and Safety
  • Performance Management/ Monitoring & Evaluation
  • Property Valuation
  • Public Fnance
  • Quantity Surveying
  • Risk Management
  • Supply Chain Management
  • Town & Regional Planning

The KwaDukuza Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries in the following ratio: minimum of 60% of the available budget will cover non-scarce skills studies and the remaining 40% will cover the government scarce skills listed above.

BURSARY REQUIREMENTS:

To qualify, you must fall within this requirements:

  • You must reside within KwaDukuza area of jurisdiction
  • You must have completed Matric
  • You must have achieved University entrance or endorsement in Matric
  • You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate National Diploma or Degree, in one of the fields listed above
  • You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
  • You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding or NSFAS funding
  • You must NOT have completed any other qualification or degree or diploma
  • You must have a strong academic record
  • You must be in financial need
  • You must be from a previously disadvantaged background

BURSARY COVERAGE:

This bursary covers the following expenses: registration or admission fees to the value of R5 000.

METHOD OF APPLICATION:

Download and complete the  KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)

Alternatively, application forms can also be collected from the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, as well as libraries within the jurisdiction of KwaDukuza and other municipal offices.

Supporting Documents

Submit the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):

  • ID document (certified copy)
  • New Students: Matric certificate and statement of results (certified copy)
  • Returning students: official progress report, with marks, symbols, percentages for all examinations written (certified copy)
  • Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary
  • Proof of tertiary admission/ acceptance/ conditional or firm offer (on institutions letterhead)
  • Curriculum from institution for selected course of study, stating number of years of study, number of modules/ subjects to be taken (on institutions letterhead)
  • Tuition fees statement from institution (on institutions letterhead)
  • Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit or letter from the Department of Labour if unemployed)
  • Parents or guardians list of monthly expenses
  • Proof of residents in KwaDukuza

Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Post to:
The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality, P.O Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450

2) Hand delivery to:
KwaDukuza Municipilty, Youth Development Office, 42 Goolam Suleman Street, KwaDukuza 4450

Note: applications must be marked “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2022” and should be in a sealed envelope.