The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works (ECDPW) has opened its 2022/2023 academic year bursary application and is inviting all interested applicants to apply Now.
The ECDPW implemented the bursary scheme to promote skill development within fields of study related to Engineering Sciences and Property related professions. This year the department will be awarding bursaries to 50 students who reside within the province of the Eastern Cape.
Closing Date: 20 February 2022.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards these qualifications:
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma)
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma)
- Architecture (Masters)
Below are the requirements for this bursary application:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Eastern Cape province
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Land Surveying
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Real Estate
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Interior Design
- Architecture (Masters) students: you must have completed a Bachelor of Architectural Studies with Honours
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
This bursary covers the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, meals and a living allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Download and complete the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Note: this bursary is being re-advertised – students who previously applied towards the end of 2021, are encouraged to reapply. The same application form is being used from the original bursary advert.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- National Diploma/ Bachelor degree certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or admission from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of physical home address (letter from Traditional Authority Offices if residing in a village, letter from Municipal Offices if residing in a town, township or farm) (NOT a rates bill or statement of account)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Amatola Business Village
The Director: Human Resources Utilisation and Capacity Development
Private Bag X0022
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.