How do I get my Hpcsa certificate?

The following certification related services are available to all practitioners who meet the minimum requirements as set out below:
Certificate of Status for all Registers

May only be issued to a registered practitioner.

No complaint pending against the name of practitioner.

Certificate of Status will be issued to a Practitioner after submission of an affidavit that no criminal or unprofessional conduct proceedings are pending against him/her.

Payment of R614.00 including vat received by the HPCSA

The practitioner sends a written request to with proof of payment and full details of where the certificate should be sent/posted or delivered to. To have certificate delivered by courier the following fee is payable for delivery in SA – R124.00 and for any overseas delivery R556.00 including vat, (delivery time approximately 7-10 days overseas). The certificate can also be send electronically as per understanding between certain authorities, GMC included.

if no courier fee is paid the certificate will be sent by normal registered mail at no extra cost.

Please provide postal address for postage purposes.  

If a practitioners name was voluntary erased a certificate letter would be issued.

Please note the following:
  • Practitioners are advised that Certificates of Status (COS) will be issued within 10 working days from date of request provided that payment is reflecting on the HPCSA account.
  • If you are visiting the HPCSA to request a Certificate of Good Standing/Status, your request will only be finalised once we have received clearance from our legal department, therefore no certificate will be issued on the same day of submission of request.
  • The Departments of Legal Services and Registrations will however strive to issue the certificates as quickly as possible and will therefore phone walk in clients to collect as soon as the certificates are printed.
Certified Extract from the Register (Duplicate Registration Certificate)

Payment of R432.00 including vat is required to obtain this certificate