HPCSA sends the certificate electronically as per our agreement between certain authorities.
List of regulators we have agreement/s with and electronic copy of COS to be emailed directly to them and not accepted from clients:
General Medical Council (GMC), Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and most other regulatory bodies in the UK, except General Dental Council (GDC)
Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) and all other bodies except New Zealand Dental Council (NZDC)
All Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada (CPSA, CPSBC, CPSPEI, CPSNS, CPSS, CPSNB, CPSO etc) and other regulatory bodies in Canada (clients to confirm)
Qatar Medical Council
Saudi Commission of Health Specialties (SCFHS)
The Spanish Medical Colleges Organization (Organización Médical Colegial or OMC)
To name a few, please however confirm with that regulatory body or HPCSA when making the application as well.
The following certification related services are available to all practitioners who meet the minimum requirements as set out below:
Certificate of Status for all Registers
- In terms of section 23 of the Health Professions Act, 1974 (Act No. 56 of 1974) the Registrar may only issue an HPCSA Certificate of Status to registered practitioners and those that are voluntarily erased from the register.
- Certificate of Status will be issued to a Practitioner after submission of an affidavit that no criminal or unprofessional conduct proceedings are pending against him/her.
- Please refer to the gazetted fees click here
- The practitioner sends a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of payment and full details of where the certificate should be sent/posted or delivered to. To have certificate delivered by courier the following fee is payable for delivery in SA – R130.00 and for any overseas delivery R600.00 including vat, (delivery time approximately 7-10 days overseas). The certificate can also be send electronically as per understanding between certain authorities, GMC included.
- if no courier fee is paid the certificate will be sent by normal registered mail at no extra cost.
- Please provide postal/physical address for postage purposes.
- If a practitioners name was voluntary erased a certificate letter of good standing would be issued.
Please note the following:
- Practitioners are advised that Certificates of Status (COS) will be issued within 10 working days from date of request provided that payment is reflecting on the HPCSA account.
- If you are visiting the HPCSA to request a Certificate of Good Standing/Status, your request will only be finalised once we have received clearance from our legal department, therefore no certificate will be issued on the same day of submission of request.
- The Departments of Legal Services and Registrations will however strive to issue the certificates as quickly as possible.
Certified Extract from the Register (Duplicate Registration Certificate)
Please click here for the applicable fees.