To find out your appeal outcomes please log onto your myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
Follow these steps to appeal your NSFAS rejection:
- Log into your MyNSFAS account by CLICKING HERE.
- Click the Track Funding Progress option.
- Check the application progress tabs.
- If your application status reflects that it is unsuccessful, then you may submit an appeal by clicking on the Submit Appeal tab.
- Once you are on the Application Appeal page, you’ll be able to see the reason for your unsuccessful application status.
- Write a motivational letter stating the reasons why you are appealing your application status.
- Your motivational letter must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces).
- Upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. A maximum of 5 documents.
- Click Submit Appeal.
- You will be able to track the progress of your appeal via your MyNSFAS account.