Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
The closing date for appeals is now 20 March 2021.
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
Follow these steps to appeal your NSFAS rejection:
- Log into your MyNSFAS account by CLICKING HERE.
- Click the Track Funding Progress option.
- Check the application progress tabs.
- If your application status reflects that it is unsuccessful, then you may submit an appeal by clicking on the Submit Appeal tab.
- Once you are on the Application Appeal page, you’ll be able to see the reason for your unsuccessful application status.
- Write a motivational letter stating the reasons why you are appealing your application status.
- Your motivational letter must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces).
- Upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. A maximum of 5 documents.
- Click Submit Appeal.
- You will be able to track the progress of your appeal via your MyNSFAS account.