Council for Geoscience (CGS) has opened their 2021/2022 Bursary program and is inviting all interested applicants to apply.
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) is a scientific research council which promotes and provides research within the geoscience field, as well as providing specialised geoscientific services. The CGS was formed as a successor to the Geological Survey of South Africa
ENDING DATE: This bursary will end on 15 November 2021.
LOCATION: South Africa
Below are the requirements to consider before you apply.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time within, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa, in 2022
- Current Matric students: you must pass Mathematics and Physical Science as key subjects in Matric
- Students who have completed Matric: you must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Current tertiary students: you must have passed all the courses you have registered for, for the study period completed
- You must NOT be currently employed and you must be willing and able to work for the CGS when required
- Preference will be given to female students and students living with disabilities
This bursary will cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, meals, accommodation, research/ excursions and a laptop allowance for first-time bursary recipients.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To Apply, Download and complete the: Council for Geoscience (CGS) Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Remember to add the following documents when applying:
- Application letter stating your field of study
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including latest results, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae