First you need to set up your MySSSC account. You can do this on your smartphone, PC or tablet.
To set up your account you need:
- a secure, personal email address
- your National Insurance number.
After you have set up your account we will send you an email to validate your account. Click on the link in the email, you can then log in and begin your application.
|SSSC Registration Login||SSSC Registration Fee|
|SSSC Registration Check||SSSC Registration Requirements|
|SSSC Registration Renewal||SSSC Registration Deadline|
|Who can register?||What are the benefits of registration?|
Completing your application
Make sure you have the following details ready before you start to make the process quick and easy:
- your personal email address where we can contact you about your application
- your National Insurance number
- the Register part(s) you are applying for
- the care service number or postcode of where you work
- the name of the organisation you work for if you are a supply worker
- any relevant qualifications as well as the award certificates (you will also need to send a copy of these to us)
- any criminal offences. You only need to tell us about any relevant criminal convictions not all criminal convictions. Please see our Criminal Conviction Guidance to see what you should tell us. Please make sure you read and understand the information from Disclosure Scotland
- any disciplinary matters
- any health matters you need to tell us about (see our guidance document).
Please answer all of the application questions, have your application endorsed by a countersignatory from your employer, pay your fee and submit it to us online.
It can take up to three months to approve an application. We will contact you if you have missed out any information and it may take longer for us to approve your application.
Please note a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is mandatory for registration.
Getting your application countersigned
When you’ve completed the application form you need to get it countersigned by an authorised countersignatory. You can find a list of the people in your organisation on your MySSSC account.
Paying your fee
When submitting your form you also need to pay the correct fee. If you don’t pay the fee we won’t be able to process it.
Fees depend on your role and the part of the Register you are on. There is an application fee and an annual fee.
Applying if you’ve been removed from our Register
If you’ve been removed from our Register following a fitness to practise investigation you must complete an Restoration Application Form rather than through MySSSC. To request a Restoration Application Form please email email@example.com.