The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a South African government student financial aid scheme which provides financial aid to poor undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school.
There are three(3) ways to apply for NSFAS:
METHOD 1: On the NSFAS website(for online application)
- Create your myNSFAS account here(https://nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.hmtl).
You’ll need to have certified scanned copies of the following documents:
Identity Document/Birth Certificate
Latest Academic Results
Proof of parents’ income (if they are employed)
Death Certificate/s (if parents are dead)
Doctor’s Certificate (if permanently disabled)
- You can login using your selected username and password
- Complete the application form by clicking the “APPLY ” button
- When you have filled in all the required information, you can upload electronic copies of your supporting documents.
Once all your documents have been uploaded, click the “SUBMIT” button to receive your reference number.
METHOD 2: At your closest NYDA Centre
- Visit a NYDA centre closest to you
- A NYDA centre worker will exolain the application process and provide you with an application form to complete
- Complete the application form in BLOCK LETTERS with black pen and Sign it in to the allocated spots
- Submit you application and the supporting documents. Ensure that your supporting documents are certifies on the front of the page and not be older than 3 months.
- You will receive a receipt card with a bar code attached
METHOD 3: At a Financial Aid Office on Campus