Jewelry is personal. It recalls emotions, moments, and milestones in your life, which is why it can be devastating if the jewelry that represents special moments in your life is damaged, lost, or stolen. A jewelry insurance policy is the best way to make sure your favorite items are protected.
To help you protect your precious pieces, the GEICO Insurance Agency has teamed up with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group. Your jewelry deserves the best protection from the company that’s been protecting jewelry, and only jewelry, for over 100 years. Get your free jewelry insurance quote today.
Why buy jewelry insurance?
A specialized jewelry insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage. This includes coverage against scenarios—like mysterious disappearance (or unexplained loss)—that may not be covered by standard homeowners or renters insurance or by warranties.
How much does jewelry insurance cost?
Rates depend on where you live. But for most people, jewelry insurance will cost 1-2% of the value of your jewelry. For example, a $5,000 engagement ring could cost as little as $50 per year to insure.
Is jewelry insurance worth it?
That’s a personal choice. Ask yourself these questions to help you decide if jewelry insurance is right for you.
- If your jewelry was lost, damaged, or stolen, would you want it repaired or replaced?
- If the answer is yes, how much would you be able or willing to pay out of pocket?
- Can you imagine living without your jewelry pieces?
- Jewelry often has value that doesn’t come with a price tag. Would your heart sink if you lost your wedding band or discovered your heirloom earrings disappeared?
Get your free jewelry insurance quote today and see how affordable jewelry insurance can be.
Do you need an appraisal to buy jewelry insurance?
While there are some exceptions, you usually do not need a formal appraisal or appraisal documentation in order to purchase a jewelry insurance policy. However, you will need an appraisal or other documentation in order to file a jewelry insurance claim.
Your jewelry isn’t ordinary, so you don’t settle for ordinary insurance.
All types of jewelry are covered, from engagement rings and wedding bands to watches, earrings, and even loose stones while they are being set. You can complete the jewelry insurance application process in about 10 minutes and, in most cases, be insured as soon as it’s received.
What’s covered with a jewelry policy?
- Loss. You left your ring somewhere…on a beach towel or in a public bathroom. It’s out there somewhere and you can’t find it. Don’t panic, it’s covered.
- Theft. We all know that feeling of dread when something we cherish is stolen. Rest assured that stolen pieces are covered, too.
- Damage. You hit your diamond ring on the edge of a table and it cracks. Accidents happen; it’s covered.
- Disappearance. Sometimes jewelry just disappears—it could be lost, stolen, or fell off while you were jogging. Don’t worry, that’s covered.
Additional benefits of jewelry insurance
- Choose your own deductible
- Worldwide travel protection
- Work with your choice of jeweler
- No need for multiple estimates
- Fast, compassionate claims, with no adverse effect on homeowners or renters
Online Policy Management
Take care of your jewelry insurance online. Just log in to your account to make a payment, add jewelry to your policy, sign up for autopay, report a claim, and more.