- Visit the CIPC website www.cipc.co.za.
- Sign in with your customer code and password.
- Click on “On-line transacting”
- Click on “Additional services”
- On the left menu, click on “Customers”, and then on “Document Status“
Re-instating a company
CIPC will only re-instate a company or close corporation if,
- The company or close corporation was in business at the time of deregistration (Sufficient documentary evidence in the form of bank statements for a period of six months before and six months after deregistration are required).
- Immovable property is registered in the name of the deregistered business; or
- It is in the best interest of a creditor.
If none of the above can be proven by the documentary evidence, the CIPC will not re-instate the company or close corporation and it is advised that a new company be registered at a cost of R125.00 without a name and R50 for each name reservation application (provided that the standard default option is selected).
The benefits of registering a new company are:-
- Cost benefit, since re-instatement requires the payment for the filing of the re-instatement application (R200.00) and filing of all overdue annual returns (based on entity category and payment scale) while a new company registration requires only a payment of R175.00;
- After the filing of the overdue annual returns, the records of the entity must be updated by the filing of the required statutory amendment forms (e.g CoR39, CoR 21.1, CK2) and even possible amendments to a company’s MoI;
- Quicker since not necessary to obtain the necessary supporting documents to the re-instatement application, namely multiple deed search, affidavits, news paper advertisement and possibly letters from the Department of Public Works and National Treasury.
Steps to re-instate a company:
Step 1. Assessment
- Determine whether the company or close corporation was active at the time of deregistration or immovable property is registered in the name of the company or close corporation.
- If no immovable property registered in the name of the entity or the entity has not been active, please do not proceed with a re-instatement application.
Step 2: Deposit funds
- Deposit R200 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here.
Step 3: Apply for re-instatement of your company
- Print and complete form CoR40.5.
- Click here to upload and submit the signed forms and supporting documents to CIPC OR Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to email@example.com
- The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified ID copy of the applicant (director/member);
- Certified ID copy of the customer filing the application;
- Multiple Deed search (reflecting ownership of immovable property or not);
- Letters from National Treasury and the Department of Public Works, indicating that such departments have no objection to the re-instatement, if it has immovable property;
- Advertisement in a local newspaper giving 21 days notice of proposed application for re-instatement;
- Affidavit indicating the reasons for the non filing of annual returns, if deregistration was due to non compliance in relation to annual returns;
- Affidavit indicating the reason for the original request for deregistration, if the company or close corporation itself applied for deregistration; and
- Sufficient documentary proof indicating that the company or close corporation was in business (Provide evidence that the company was conducting business related activities at the time of deregistration, namely bank statements for a 12 month period that runs over the date of deregistration) or that it had any outstanding assets or liabilities (e.g. property, intellectual property rights) at the time of deregistration.
The service delivery standard is 30 working days from the date of tracking an application. If you do not receive your certificate of amendment within the service delivery standard, please send a query to us by going to “Enquiries” and select the correct option.
You can track the progress of your document by checking on our website. Go to “Additional Services”, select “Customers” and then select “Document Status”. To check the tracking number, go to “Customer Transactions” under “Customers”.