Move to a simpler way to get credit. Get an estimate online or use our banking app to apply for a loan of up to R250 000. You’ll get a personalised offer based on your affordability, and you can choose between the amount you want, the lowest monthly instalment or the lowest interest rate, starting at 12.9%.
Get a new home loan
Buying a new home is exciting! To make the best decisions, it’s important to understand the process and what to expect. Before you start shopping around, you can use our affordability calculator to get an idea of how much you could qualify for. It will also give you a list of costs you need to prepare for when buying a new home.
Once you’ve found your dream home and have signed an offer to purchase the property, you can apply online in 4 easy steps.
Read more in frequently asked questions here.
Switch your existing home loan
If you switch your existing bond to Capitec Home Loans, we may be able to offer you a more competitive interest rate on your home loan.
By moving your bond, you could pay a lower interest rate and monthly instalment. This will free up some money in your monthly budget.
Other possible benefits include:
- Access to any extra value in your property (known as equity – a once-off cash amount you could get out)
- Use any equity you get to reduce your short-term debt, do home improvements or towards education
- You don’t have to worry about paying new bond or home loan registration fees upfront. You can finance these costs as part of your Capitec home loan
- Switching your bond is a simple process. Complete the application online in 5 –10 minutes and we’ll take care of all the paperwork
Read more in frequently asked questions here.
Whether you need to do home improvements, pay for your children’s education to secure their future or buy a reliable car to get your family there safely – living better starts when you get credit for the right reasons.
A personalised loan means that you get the best offer based on your profile and your need, with lower fees and at the best possible interest rate. Remember that the term will affect your instalments, so be sure that you’ll be able to repay the monthly instalments over the whole term.
- Get up to R250 000 over 1 – 84 months
- Choose between the amount you want, the monthly installment that suits your pocket, or the option that gives you the lowest interest rate
- Credit is approved in minutes and the money is available immediately
- Pay fixed monthly repayments
- Get interest rates from 12.9%
- Consolidate all your existing loans for easier monthly repayments
- Add affordable credit insurance, including retrenchment and death cover
- Manage your credit using our app
ways to apply
Your offer is based on your affordability and credit profile
- Your banking and credit history
- Your income and expenses to see how much you can afford
- How stable your source of income is, to make the best offer
- You choose the credit amount that you want
- You choose the monthly installment that suits your cash flow or the option that gives you the best interest rate
Credit insurance is required for credit terms of 7 months or longer to cover death, permanent or temporary disability, unemployment, the inability to earn an income or retrenchment.
Your credit life insurance premium is charged monthly at a Rand amount per every R1 000 of the outstanding balance. This means that the less you owe, the lower your monthly credit insurance premium becomes.
Documents you need when applying
- Original identification document (must be 18 years or older). If your name and/or surname differs from your identification document, a marriage certificate, divorce court order or name change letter will be required.
- Latest salary slip
- Any original bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits into an account in your name (an over-the-counter bank statement must be stamped)
Term loan rates and fees
|Loan amount (R)||25 000||50 000||100 000||250 000|
|Interest rate (%)||12.90 – 24.50||12.90 – 24.5||14.20 – 24.50||16.30 – 22.40|
|Credit life insurance R/1000 per month||4.00 – 4.50||4.00 – 4.50||4.00 – 4.50||4.00 – 4.50|
|Monthly service fee||69||69||69||69|
|Once-off initiation fee (R)||1 207.50||1 207.50||1 207.50||1 207.50|
|Monthly repayment (R)||2 468 – 2 623||2 618 – 2930||3 095 – 3 707||5 815 – 6 884|
|Total repayment (R)||29 616- 31 471||62 834- 70 308||148 566 – 177 945||488 454 – 578 254|
Please note that these are examples only. You can choose any term for your loan (up to 84 months) to make your monthly repayments more affordable. Your actual credit amount and credit interest rate will be based on your individual credit profile and affordability.
credit for business owners
To apply for a business loan, your business must be registered as one of the following:
- Association not for gain
- Close Corporation (CC)
- Incorporated (Inc)
- Public (Ltd) or Private company (Pty Ltd)
- Read more about our credit solution for businesses here
Note: We cannot grant credit to informally self-employed individuals, including freelancers and sole traders.
Download our free Good for Credit booklet for tips on how to handle credit.