To open a Capitec Bank account, we need your ID and Proof of Residential Address.
Moving to a simpler way to bank is easier than you think. Open an account at your nearest branch in only a few minutes and immediately get your card. If you already have an account and want to move your debit orders, simply refer to the relevant section below.
Open an account
Visit your nearest branch
- Remember to take your valid ID document with you
- You can download and activate our banking app while in branch, so you can save time and money by banking on your phone anywhere, 24/7
Move your salary
- You’ll receive a letter with your new Capitec account number on it
- Existing clients can also find their account number on the front of their bank card
- Give your new banking details to your employer, so your salary will be paid into your new Capitec account
Move your debit orders online
- Fill in your details on the move debit orders page
- Upload a picture or copy of your latest bank statement reflecting the debit order(s) you would like to move
- A Client Care agent will contact you at your preferred time to confirm that you have uploaded the correct documents and verify the debit orders to be moved
Alternatively, you can:
- Visit your nearest branch with your latest bank statement
- Call our 24hr Client Care Centre on 0860 10 20 43
Please note: Moving your debit orders will take a few days to complete, so please ensure that there’s enough funds in your old account for any debit orders that couldn’t be moved in time.
Steps during process to move your debit orders
The transaction and savings account is your main account (R25 minimum balance; R5 monthly admin fee) that gives you affordable banking and up to 4 free flexible, fixed or tax-free savings plans.
Some of the benefits of using our main savings account:
- Access to Mastercard® Priceless® Cities worldwide
- Earn from 2.25% interest per year on daily balances
- Easy transactions at lower, transparent bank costs
- Manage your savings plans and your money using our app, cellphone *120*3279#, the Internet and your Global One card
- Fix your money in any of the 4 free savings plans and earn up to 7.71% interest
Main savings account interest rates
All interest rates quoted are nominal annual compounded monthly (NACM) rates.
|Amount (R)||R0 – R9 999||R10 000 – R24 999||R25 000 – R99 999||R100 000+|
|Interest rate (%)||2.25||2.25||2.25||2.50|