You can apply for Edu-loan at the VUT campus (Finance). Edu-loan offers hassle free educational finance. As long as you, or a family member, receive a salary, paid into a bank account then you could qualify for an Edu-loan. What’s more, if we have an agreement with your, or your family member’s employer, we won’t even have to carry out credit checks.
Once your loan is approved we will:
- Pay your student fees to the educational institution of your choice.
- Assure you of affordable interest rates with a fixed monthly instalment.
- Give you the option of an Edu-Xtras Smart Card for books and accessories.
You don’t even have to pay a deposit.
Contact numbers EDU-LOAN (016) 950 9948/9373
Call Centre: 0861 861 888 or 0861 861 VUT
Financial Aid Office
Vaal University of Technology
Private Bag X021
You can qualify for a NSFAS loan if you are:
- A South African citizen;
- Registered at a South African university or University of Technology;
- An undergraduate, studying for a first tertiary educational qualification; or
- Studying for a second tertiary qualification, if this is necessary to practice in your chosen profession; (e.g. LLB or HDE)
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success;
- Financially needy;
- You will, however, be expected to make your own family contribution towards the total costs of your studies.(EFC)
How much money do you get?
- There is a minimum award and a maximum award, which is determined annually by NSFAS. Please enquire at the Financial Aid Office for the current limits.