UL Online Facilities Login allows the users to proceed with UL Blackboard Login step and get an access to the UL Blackboard Learn portal or application.
Copyright and Blackboard
Materials posted through a learning management system like Blackboard are subject to the same copyright principles that apply to printed materials. It is not permissible for anyone including lecturers to put materials in Blackboard without permission.
Putting copyright materials on Blackboard.
- Never post the entire copyrighted work without the copyright owner’s express permission. For example, never upload an entire book onto Blackboard.
- Use legally acquired or purchased copies of materials
- Always include copyright notices
- Always remind students that copyrighted works should not be copied and redistributed to others.
- Restrict access to those students enrolled i.e. use must be limited to students enrolled for the module/ course
- Post materials in the section of Blackboard that is password protected
- It is advisable and convenient to link to resources rather than to copy them. When a link is created reproduction of original work does not occur and therefore no copyright infringement. Obtaining permission to link is thus not necessary though it can be done for courtesy sake.
- For assistant in creating links, please consult subject librarians.
- Links can be created to
- homepage of websites and linking should not be deep within a site unless this is not possible
- materials that are publicly available on the web
- materials available to UL community via Library subscriptions
- Course packs on E-reserve can be posted on blackboard
- Course packs posted on Blackboard should be copyright compliant
- Permission should be obtained before posting course packs/materials that include articles or books chapters
The following table has been adapted from Blackboard Inc. and serves as a guide in posting copyrighted materials on Blackboard.
|Book Chapter||No||Link to item in Short Loans|
|Article from print journal||No||Link to item in Short Loans|
Link directly to database or
Link from Short Loans
Link to article, or
Link from Short Loans