Liberty has opened its 2021/2022 academic year bursary program and is inviting all interested applicants to apply using the details below.
ABOUT THE LIBERTY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Liberty are inviting Actuarial Science students to apply for the bursary award, for the 2022 academic year. Students who are pursuing studies towards an Actuarial Science qualification (from the 2nd year of study onward), should apply.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, meals and a travel allowance (if applicable). Students will also receive support and networking opportunities during the course of their studies, as well as the chance to partake in vacation work.
After graduation, students will be guaranteed employment at Liberty.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth or descent)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an Actuarial Science degree
- You must be in your 2nd or later year of study
- You must studying at an ASSA (Actuarial Society of South Africa) accredited University in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained high academic results for the first year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for Actuarial and Mathematical modules
- You must have strong leadership skills and partake in extra curricular activities (sports/ olympiads/ chess club/ debate teams etc) (this will give students a competitive advantage)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Liberty Actuarial Science Bursary Application 2022
Students will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of university enrollment or acceptance (on university letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record or transcript (on university letterhead)
- Proof of any extra curricular activities (where applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Liberty directly:
Tel: 0860 456 789 / 011 408 4871