The Agar-Hamilton Trust has opened its 2022/bursary program and is inviting all interested applicants to apply now. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust bursary is awarded each year to male students who are under 25 years old, English-speaking with a predominantly British descent and are members of the church belonging to the Anglican Communion. Students who are in school, college or university may apply if they have a strong academic record and are unable to afford their studies.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance.
The value of the bursary will be decided by the Trustees, on a case by case basis.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AGAR-HAMILTON TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 25 years old on 1 January 2022
- You must be Male
- You must be English-speaking
- You must have a predominantly British descent
- You must be a recognised member and active communicant of a church belonging to the Anglican Communion
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a University, College or other educational institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AGAR-HAMILTON TRUST BURSARY
Download and complete the Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary Application Form (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of British descent (birth certificates, passports etc)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic report, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Testimonials from referees (Matric students require 3 confidential testimonials and tertiary students rquire 4 confidential testimonials – see clause 7 of the application form for more information)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: RBA@Nedbank.co.za
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AGAR-HAMILTON TRUST BURSARY
31 August 2021 for new applications, and
31 December 2021 for renewed applications.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Agar-Hamilton Trust directly: