SAPS learnerships are made available yearly within each Province of South Africa. Candidates wishing to apply must do so within their own Province. Most of the SAPS learnerships will be for a duration of 24 months and include a monthly stipend. The Police have several offices with precincts in each national region within South Africa.
SAPS Learnerships Available
This sector has a couple of different companies, which offer a variety of fields.
The South African Police Services Learnerships may include the following:
- Road Policing
- Freeway Patrol
- By-Law Policing
- The Equestrian Unit
- Crime prevention
- The Canine Unit
SAPS Learnerships Requirements
Candidates between the ages of 18 and 35.? Candidates must include a detailed curriculum vitae with contact details, contactable references, as well as any information they feel may be pertinent to their application.? Please also include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID, and proof of address no older than three months.? Candidates must be permanent South African residents and citizens.
Candidates will also be required to have/provide the following:
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate
- Candidates must be mentally & physically fit
- English, read, write and speak
- Candidates must hold NO criminal record
- Computer literate
- Candidates must hold a valid Code B Driver?s license
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Candidates must have great liaison skills
- Candidates must possess leadership skills
Candidates must be prepared to take the ?Oath? as determined by the Municipality of concern after completion of their learnership duration. Flexibility with a commitment to learn, but moreover willingness to work. Candidates must be able to handle pressure, be reliable and honest, with a positive attitude.
Candidates who make the short list may be required to complete the following tests:
- An English Proficiency Test
- A Fitness Test, including running ? Males 2.4KM in 11 minutes ? Females 2.4Km in 14.30 Minutes
- A Medical Examination
- Provide a Medical Certificate proving candidates may partake in strenuous exercises (Physical Examination)
- Obstacle Course ? Males must complete within 3 Minutes ? Females within 4 Minutes
- Firearm Training ? Practical & Theoretical
Candidates must be prepared to be deployed anywhere within their Province or Department. Candidates must be willing to do required physical / abnormal training periods without compensation. Candidates must attend all training as requested by the department.
SAPS Learnerships Application
SAPS Learnership online applications processes is not available. Applications must be collected from the SAPS Department Offices within their Region or Province. Any faxed or electronically submitted application forms will be dismissed. Incomplete forms, or forms missing a signature, or documentation will be dismissed.
Candidates are asked to deliver the completed application with required certified documentation to the offices where they collected the forms from. For more information on their opportunities visit the SAPS Website.