The Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary 2022/2023 have been opened and they are inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP.
Closing Date: 10th January 2022
Bursary Requirements on Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary:
- You must have completed Matric of NQF level 4 equivalent
- You must reside within or near the Potchefstroom area
- You must intend on studying full-time towards any of the above qualifications, at Potchefstroom Academy in 2022
- You must be interested in pursuing a career in any of the above-mentioned fields
This bursary programme is available for studies at Potchefstroom Academy, towards one of the following qualifications:
- Interior Design
The bursary is aimed at aspiring beauticians, hairstylists, photographers, and interior designers who aim to not only enhance their skills and knowledge of their trade but also, one day, open their very own business.
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees for the 1st year of study. OFM will also award an amount of R10 000 cash, to be used towards any additional study fees (textbooks, equipment, meals, etc).
The bursary will not provide cover for accommodation and meals.
The selection process will include:
- Applications will be assessed and students will be selected by a panel of judges.
- Finalists will be required to complete further assessments and attend a final interview.
- Successful candidates will be announced by no later than 17 January 2022.
- Bursary holders will be required to register for their course by 31 January 2022 and take up classes on 7 February 2022.
Method of Application:
Step 1: Download and complete the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Application Form (.pdf)
Step 2: Gather copies of the following supporting documentation along (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ record of matric exam/ NQF level 4 qualification
- Video, showcasing the following: your skills in any of the above-mentioned courses, followed by an explanation as to why you would be a deserving candidate for the bursary (this part is to be done at the end of the video) (30 seconds long, in MP4 format, a maximum size of 10 MB)
- Motivational letter (maximum 200 words)
- Portfolio of your work (Interior Design and Photography candidates only)
Step 3: Submit all the above documents, including your application form at: Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary Application
Note: Interior Design and Photography candidates will also be required to complete the skills assessment portfolio (.pdf)