Sanlam UCT Online High School has opened their 2022/2023 bursary program and their inviting all interested applicants to apply. To continue, let us know SANLAM and UCT.
Sanlam is a South African financial service group and today, the largest insurance company on the African continent. With its headquarters located in Belville, Western Cape, Sanlam has been able to establish itself as a diversified financial services business.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is one of the top academic tertiary institutions in South Africa. Their main mission is to produce individuals who portray excellent leadership qualities as well as strong social justice, and who will later play important roles in government, business, civil society, and industry in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
Now, let’s see the full details of this Bursary program.
ENDING DATE: This bursary will end on 17 November 2021.
LOCATION: South Africa
To qualify for this Bursary program, consider the following requirements:
- You must be a South African Citizen
- You must be African, Coloured, Indian or Asian
- You must be completing Grade 7, 8 or 9 in 2021
- You must be entering Grade 8, 9 or 10 in 2022
- You must be between 12 and 13 years old if currently in Grade 7, between 13 and 14 years old if currently in Grade 8 and between 14 and 15 years old if currently in Grade 9
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background/ family
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in your most recent report
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English in your most recent report
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in your most recent school report
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be able to afford tuition fees for UCT Online High School
- You must be ambitious and have the desire to attend online school
- You must have basic computer literacy skills
- You must have access to adult supervision
- You must have a safe and study-conducive working environment
- You must have access to high-speed internet (minimum average speed of 10Mbps down, 1Mbps up)
- You must have a reliable device (laptop) and headset
- You must be highly motivated
- You must have strong academic talents
This bursary covers for the following expenses, for the full duration of their high school studies (on condition that they maintain good academic results):
- Full tuition fees for the entire duration of schooling
- Personal development and inspirational development sessions from Sanlam’s leaders and employees
- Possible career opportunities, as well as university bursaries offered by Sanlam after high school
The following expenses will NOT be covered :
- Internet, a laptop, headset and a suitable learning and working space
- Matric examination fees
METHOD OF APPLICATION
STEP 1: This Bursary program should be applied online following the link below:
NB: Remember to add the following documents when applying.
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (employment contract/ recent payslip/ employment letter with salary stated/ IRP5 SARS tax form/ proof of SASSA grant or other income/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Recommendation letter from your current school leader
- Video of you responding to these 5 interview questions:
- 1. Briefly introduce yourself (your name, town or city that you live in, favourite subject and an interesting fact about you).
- 2. Why you should be selected for the Sanlam Scholarship.
- 3. Why you want to attend UCT Online High School (and not a traditional school).
- 4. What challenges you think you will have learning from home and how will you overcome those challenges.
- 5. Introduction of the adult who will be supporting and motivating you at home while you learn.
(Note: the video of between 2 and 4 minutes in length, it does not have to be top quality – a video with a cellphone camera will be sufficient)
Steps to Follow:
Step 2: Complete the academic test: after submitting your application in step 1 above, you will receive an email with your login details, where you will complete the Mathematics and English language test.
Step 3: Shortlisting: after step 2 is complete, applications will be assessed and shortlisted candidates will be selected.
Around 22 December 2021, all candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application, via email – whether they were successful or not. Shortlisted candidates will receive a conditional scholarships offer.