Complete and submit the application forms for the relevant bursaries and loans available for UNDERGRADUATE degrees.
Complete and submit the application forms for the relevant bursaries and loans available for POSTGRADUATE degrees.
ALSE Teaching bursary
Kitso Ya Boleng is a non-profit company and is proudly supported by the Boleng Trust. The Trust is an Assore Limited (mining holding company principally engaged in ventures involving base minerals and metals) initiative that was established for the benefit of Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSAs) and broad-based HDSA community groupings residing in the areas in which the Assore group’s mines and beneficiation plants are located. Kindly find out more on the programme and then click here to apply.
Nurture your greatness with the Old Mutual Education Trust
The Old Mutual Education Trust scholarships provide funding to study on a full-time, part-time or distance-learning basis for a first-time undergraduate Degree/BTech/Diploma at an accredited Higher Education Institution in South Africa. The Trust is directed at empowering the members and dependents of Old Mutual’s business partners – the trade unions* – which represent some of the most disadvantaged persons in South Africa, find out more.
Participating trade unions are:
Investec (CSI Bursary) bursary applications now open
Investec, offers full cost bursaries to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Commercial LLB. These degrees represent fields of study that are relevant to the financial services sector. To find out more about how to apply and the selection criteria, click here.
Closing date: 30 September 2021
For more information, contact StudyTrust Bursary Applications & Enquiries:
- (011) 403-1632 / (011) 482-1501
2021 Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) bursary applications now open
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the Mining and Minerals Sector in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998.
The MQA would like to invite learners who intend on studying towards a career within the Mining and Minerals Sector, to apply for an MQA bursary. The MQA Bursary Scheme is open to qualifying learners who are currently in Grade 12 and who intend to study during 2021 or current students who are already studying towards a certificate, diploma, degree at a public university, university of technology or a TVET College. Click here for more information and then click here to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday, 18 October 2021
DSI CSIR Inter-bursary Support Programme (IBS)
Call for Postgraduate Bursary ApplicationsCall for 2021The CSIR and the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) are pleased to announce the DSI CSIR Inter-bursary Support Programme (IBS) call for applications.Opening Date: Wednesday, 23 September, 2021Closing Date: Friday, 23 October, 2021Late applications will not be considered.The IBS postgraduate bursary support is intended for students approved for- or registered for full time studies for Honours/ 4th year Engineering/BTech/Advanced Diploma, Masters or PhD degrees at any South African public university. The focus areas for the bursary support are restricted to the following research areas:
- Modelling and Digital Sciences
- Microsystems Technology
- Titanium (Manufacturing Elements)
- Information and Communications Technology
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS)
Click here for more information.Please complete the online application form (see links below) and submit all the required supporting documents as per information provided in the call documents by email to:HCD-INTERBURSARY@csir.co.zaFor Honours, 4th year Engineering, BTech and Advanced Diploma applications please click here to complete an online application form.For Masters and Doctoral applicationsplease click here to complete an online application form. Should you have any queries with regards to the call requirements or application procedure, please contact:Mr Justice KomaneTel: 012 841 3304Email: HCD-INTERBURSARY@csir.co.zaOrMs Katlego RamonyaiTel: 012 842 7519Email: HCD-INTERBURSARY@csir.co.za
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine ( Pty ) Ltd
BURSARIES FOR 2021 Academic Year
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine (Pty) Ltd (SBPM) seeks to award bursaries to full-time high performing and financially needy students who are accepted or registered at accredited Universities and other tertiary institutions in selected disciplines as pre-determined by the Company.
Please find the application form here.elcetion CriteriaBursary recipient selection will focus on:
- Bursary recipient selection will focus on:
- High performing full-time undergraduate first, second and third year students, with the exception of final year students.
- Excellent academic track record of a minimum 60% average in academic results in matric, first, second or third year results of 2021 academic year.
- Strictly students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds will receive priority attention.
- Strictly students who come from SBPM surrounding villages of Moses Kotane and Thabazimbi District Municipalities in the North West and Limpopo Provinces, respectively.
- Strictly South African citizens.
Fields of study and number of bursaries for 2021 Academic Year:
The priority study fields identified for bursary allocation are the following:
- 1 x Mining Engineering
- 1 x Rock Engineering (Geophysics or Geoscience)
- 1 x Metallurgical Engineering
- 1 x Geology
Bursary wil cover:
- Full accommodation
- Full registration and Tuition
- Text book allocation
- Monthly allowance
- Learning Material and Equipment as prescribed by the learning institution
- Relevant workplace exposure through structured Vacation Work at SBPM
Documents to be submitted:
- Completed Application Form
- Proof of registration
- Copy of ID
- Academic Record
- Proof of Home Address
- Proof of Household Income
EWSETA Bursary application
Applications are for 2021 academic year. Closing date is 31st January 2021.
- Read carefully before completing, signing and submitting this form.
- Ensure that Bursary form is completed in full.
- Complete in Block Letters.
- Ensure that the form is duly signed.
- Application forms with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Application form with incorrect information will lead to your application being disqualified.
EWSETA BURSARY COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Tuition fees – Statement of Account
- Books and Stationery from approved university/TVET College bookstores – Supported by university/TVET textbooks and stationary list
- Accommodation – accredited with University/TVET College
NB: Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA these are used as evidence of costs to facilitate payment.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the bursary:
- Must be in possession of matriculation certificate or equivalent (first year university or TVET College students) and previous results/academic records for second- and third-years students
- Relevant qualification prerequisite for post graduate applicants
- Preference will be given to South African citizens from previously disadvantaged communities (youth, black, women and people with disabilities)
- Proof of household annual income.
Qualifications that will be considered are those qualifications that will be considered are those that respond and are aligned to the EWSETA Sector Skills Plan (SSP) with emphasis on the EWSETA strategic thrust ,chapter 3 on hard to fill lists plus the pivotal skills list which can be found on our website www.ewseta.org.za
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED:
- A certified copy of a valid matriculation certificate or qualifications (mandatory to all relevant applicants)
- A certified copy of identity document (mandatory)
- If currently studying, full academic records must be attached (mandatory to all relevant applicants)
- For first time applicants attach copy of proof of application and/or provisional acceptance letter offer from university/TVET College (The EWSETA notes that these may not be available at time of application, however it will be required as part of key application process)
- Any other information and/or documentation requested by EWSETA in support of the application
- Closing date for all application is 25 September 2021.
- Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA these are used validate applications
Submit application form by email: email@example.com or posted to:
P.O Box 1273
OR HAND DELIVERED TO:
|EWSETA HEAD OFFICE (GAUTENG, LIMPOPO and MPUMALANGA) 32 PRINCESS OF WALES TERRACESUNNYSIDE OFFICE PARK, Building BJOHANNESBURG2000|
|EWSETA WESTERN / Eastern CAPE PROVINCIAL OFFICEFALSE BAY COLLEGE WESTLAKE CAMPUSWESTLAKE DRIVEWESTLAKECAPE TOWN7945||EWSETA NORTH WEST PROVINCIAL OFFICEREITZ STREET NORTH(ORBIT TVET COLLEGE – BRITS CAMPUS)BRITS0250|
|EWSETA NORTH WEST PROVINCIAL OFFICETALETSO TVET COLLEGELEAH MANGOPE HIGHWAY BETWEEN LEHURUTSHE FIRE STATION AND HOSPITALLERATO2880||EWSETA FREE STATE/Northen Cape PROVINCIAL OFFICEMOTHEO TVET CENTRAL OFFICEC/O ST GEORGES AND ALIWAL STREETBLOEMFONTEIN9300|