KBIS was first established in 1986 as a specialist bloodstock insurance provider under the trading name of Kershaw Bloodstock Insurance Services. In 1991, the company was acquired by Guy and Liz Prest, who expanded the business to include insurance cover for the riding and competition horse. At the end of 2020, KBIS was acquired by Specialist Risk Group (SRG) whose portfolio includes Lloyd’s broker Miles Smith and The Underwriting Exchange (TUE).
Over the years KBIS has grown further to include horsebox insurance, liability insurance and specialist equestrian property insurance. Despite our growth we have still maintained our focus on providing a personal and efficient service, which has helped us to become the largest independent equine insurance provider in the UK.
Did you know if you are a member of British Showjumping, British Dressage or British Eventing then you could save on your insurance with KBIS?
Discounts include 10% off Horsebox, Liability and Property insurance. To find out more look in your BS New Membership Pack, or on the BD or BE website, where you will find full details of the offers available and the code needed to claim the discount.
Discount codes cannot be used on the online. To receive your discount please call for a quote on 0345 230 2323 and have your discount code to hand.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that for the above discounts the following terms and conditions will apply:
- The discount can be applied to new business or at renewal, discounts cannot be added to a policy mid-term.
- If a policy is already subject to a discount only the percentage difference will be added, discounts are not cumulative.
- Discounts are valid for one policy year only but can be reapplied for at renewal if the discount is still valid.
- If your policy has been subject to a claim then KBIS reserves the right to remove/refuse your discount.
- All policies are subject to our normal underwriting criteria, terms and conditions.
- Minimum premiums apply.