The Islamic Relief has opened their 2022/2023 bursary application for all applicants to apply. This bursary covers tuition fees and an allowance for prescribed textbooks. Funding will be paid directly to the institution where the student is studying.
Islamic Relief was founded in the United Kingdom in 1984, as ab independent non-governmental organization (NGO). Islamic Relief South Africa was registered in 2004, as a non-profit company.
Closing Date: 10th January 2022
To qualify for this bursary programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Students of any nationality and any religion may apply
- You must be between 18 and 24 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at any of these public Universities or Universities of Technology in South Africa: Nelson Mandela University, North-West University, Rhodes University, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Sol Plaatje University, University of Cape Town, University of Fort Hare, University of Johannesburg, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Limpopo, University of Mpumalanga, University of Pretoria, University of South Africa (UNISA), University of Stellenbosch, University of the Free State, University of the Western Cape, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Venda, University of Zululand, Walter Sisulu University, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Central University of Technology, Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, Tshwane University of Technology, Vaal University of Technology
- You must be in need of financial assistance and your parents, guardians or spouse must not be able to afford your studies
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding
- You must be committed to your studies as long as you are a bursary recipient
- You must be committed to assisting in the development of your community and the country, after you qualify
This bursary covers
- tuition fees and an allowance for prescribed textbooks.
- Funding will be paid directly to the institution where the student is studying.
Method of Application:
Students can apply in either of the following ways:
1) Online at: Islamic Relief Bursary Application 2022
2) By downloading and completing the Islamic Relief Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Completed application forms and documents must then be submitted via:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Islamic Relief Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Or can be delivered to one of the Islamic Relief SA offices:
- Johannesburg: 157 Barry Hertzog Avenue, Emmarentia, Johannesburg, 2195
- Pretoria: 197 Jewel Street, Engen Garage, Laudium, Pretoria, 0007
- Durban: 405 Sparks Road, Sherwood, Durban, 4091
- Cape Town: 396 Imam Haron Road, Lansdowne, Cape Town, 7780
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hard-copy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final report, if you have not yet received your Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of final acceptance/ provisional acceptance at university (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension statements if receiving pension) (certified copy)
- Death certificates if parent or guardian is deceased (certified copy)
- Quote stating amount due for tuition fees (certified copy)
- A list of your best academic achievements and personal achievements, to be completed on the application form (in 250 words)
- Details about your involvement in your community, to be completed on the application form (in 250 words)
- Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary, to be completed on the application form (in 250 words)
Note: supporting documents must have been certified within the last 6 months.