WaterAid SA has opened its 2021/2022 Internships program and is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply now. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 10 September 2021
Inquire about the WaterAid Internship Program 2021. As part of WaterAid’s mission to make clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene the norm for everyone, everywhere by 2030, we’re seeking an Intern-Program Officer to join our team
The Intern-Program Officer will:
be responsible for assisting the Programme Manager with a variety of tasks, including the execution of the current projects in the areas of water, sanitation & hygiene, and in particular, implementing the COVID-19.
Support the programme’s research, communication and documentation processes including capturing and dissemination of partner and community voices.
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation for as well as coordination of workshops,
WaterAid’s South Africa team will help you learn and gain experience in WASH programming while also contributing to the achievement of WaterAid’s goals and mission.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s graduate in any of the following or related fields: Environmental Health Science, Water Engineering, IWRM, Public Health or Development Studies (obtained no longer than two years ago). Or equivalent experience.
- Interested in the field of development, especially in WASH.
- Able to plan and manage diverse tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent in writing and conversing in English.
- Good in computer skills (Microsoft packages).
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
There was no other NGO like ours, so we We’ll be done when we’re no longer needed. Since 1981, we’ve reached 25 million people with clean water, and since 2004, we’ve reached 24 million people with sanitation. But we still have a long way to
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your resume and cover letter Are you interested in joining our team? If so, please fill out the form below.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in the position and have the necessary skills and attributes, please send your application, which should include a letter of interest and a CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Intern-Program Officer.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to show that you are eligible to work in South Africa and that you are willing to earn an internship allowance in accordance with WaterAid’s guidelines.