What is a daycare?
Daycare, as its name so obviously suggests, is a childcare option that allows parents to drop off their children during the day for care, supervision, and learning. Many daycare centers are national or regional chains, and some are privately owned. Daycares may also be in-home, run by a single person.
Where and how to register a daycare in Namibia
To register daycare in Namibia, apply for the registration or conditional registration of a partial care facility / early childhood development (ECD) at your nearest department of social development or municipal office where you will be given Form 11 to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is owning a daycare profitable in Namibia?
Owners of daycare centers profit an average of $37,000 per year. While some owners of daycare centers report earning over $60,000 profit per year, the other side of the spectrum reported hauling in less than $20,000 profit.
How do I register with ECD center in Namibia?
- contact the office of the Department of Social Development nearest to the proposed centre.
- consult the local authority (municipality) to obtain the right of use and the necessary health clearance certificate to run the centre in a particular place.
How do I attract parents to my daycare in Namibia?
- Lawn Signs. Lawn signs are one of those things that you would never think of but are surprisingly effective. …
- Google AdWords.
- Sandwich Board Sign.
- Online Reviews.
- A Waitlist Page.
- Friends and Family.
- Passive Income Streams.
How do daycares make money in Namibia?
- Charge for enrichment programs.
- Expand “other fees” you charge.
- Limit “discounts” and “credits”.
- Consider new ways to offer specials.
- Ensure regular tuition increases.
- Take advantage of Food Program money.
- Find grants.
How do you manage ECD Centre in Namibia?
- Manage the Early Childhood Development (ECD) service.
- Manage the organisational systems and structures.
- Supervise staff and support their development.
- Manage material and financial resources.
- Maintain administrative systems.
- Prepare for an evaluation.
- Carry out an evaluation.
- Compile an evaluation report.
What are the duties of a daycare assistant in Namibia?
The childcare assistant will work closely with the childcare teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
What is the difference between DayCare and childcare in Namibia?
“Day care” is the term many people still use to refer to out-of-home care for children during the day while their parents are at work. The term “child care” is more inclusive. Child care can be provided in a child care center, in a family child care home, or by family, friends, or neighbors.
Are daycare teachers really teachers in Namibia?
Daycare and childcare teachers, or early childhood educators, are actual teachers who mold and shape young minds with planned activities, creating engaging and nurturing environments and curriculum to help children develop and learn.
How do I write a business plan for a daycare in Namibia?
- Create Your Company Description. Create a general overview of your day care business plans.
- Provide A Market Analysis. Include an analysis of the day care center industry.
- Detail Your Marketing Plan.
- Outline Your Organization and Management.
- Lay Out Your Finances.
- Make Your Funding Request.
How do I apply for ECD funding in Namibia?
You can apply for an ECD programme certificate at your nearest Department of Social Development or municipal office. Your application may be granted for a period of not more than five years. For your application to be considered, your ECD programme must: provide appropriate development opportunities.
How do I start an early learning center in Namibia?
- Assess Your Readiness.
- A Needs Assessment & Business Plan.
- Develop and Prepare Your Facility.
- Prepare a Curriculum.
- Staff Your Center.
- Select Tools and Services.
- Get Quality Rating or Accreditation.
- Market Your Program.
What is the purpose of a daycare in Namibia?
The primary function of a daycare center is to provide a safe and secure environment with quality caregivers, so that parents have the peace of mind of knowing their children are safe while they work.
What is the difference between daycare and school in Namibia?
Daycares do not follow a school schedule, which means they offer longer hours and are open during holidays and school breaks. Infants to kids who aren’t yet old enough to go to kindergarten are typically accepted into daycare. Daycare is a place for children to play and socialize.
What makes a daycare successful in Namibia?
Start with the basics: sensitive, trained caregivers who are committed to the center; a low child-to-teacher ratio; and a creative, fun (and clean!) play space. You can consider both daycare centers and family daycares. Keep in mind that not all daycares are licensed.
Are daycare babies smarter in Namibia?
However, there was one encouraging caveat: Children in high-quality daycare had better language and cognitive development during the first four-and-a-half years of life. Even better, the benefits remain at least through the age of 15.