What is a business?
A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity engaged in commercial, industrial, or professional activities. The term “business” also refers to the organized efforts and activities of individuals to produce and sell goods and services for profit.
Where and how to register for a business in Namibia
Before you can register for a business in Namibia, you need to visit the ministry of finance to register for your VAT and the company tax, the ministry of home affairs for your work permit, the ministry of labour force and the social security commission. If you are a foreigner and you want to register for a business, you have to submit your application forms or reservation forms. once your reservation name is approved, you can now apply for a certificate of incorporation and a certificate of commerce business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I register my business in Namibia?
- the Ministry of Finance (registration for VAT and Company Tax)
- the Ministry of Labour.
- the Ministry of Home Affairs (work permits, visas, etc.)
- the Social Security Commission.
How do I register my CC in Namibia?
- Copy of the approved form for name reservation.
- Founding statement in triplicate.
- Consent letter from the accounting officer.
- Certified Copy of passport in case of foreigners.
How can I get permanent residency in Namibia?
- Application form (3-1/0039)
- Application for Visa form (3-1/0033)
- Questionnaire form for permanent residence.
- Declaration Form.
- Medical certificate.
- Radiological certificate.
- Copy of marriage/divorce/death certificate or letters.
- Copy of travel document or passport.
Can foreigners open a business in Namibia?
The most common structure for a Namibian investor permit applicant is a Namibian company. It therefore follows that a foreign shareholder can own 100% of the shares in a Namibian company. The company may appoint Directors and shareholders need not be natural persons.
How do I register a cash loan business in Namibia?
The applicant will be required to complete the application form and submit the following documentation with the completed application form to NAMFISA: 5.1 A certified copy of Income Tax registration certificate of the Cash Loan Business as issued by the Ministry of Finance.
Can a South African buy a business in Namibia?
It is important to note that Namibia has no restrictions on the ownership of shares in Namibian entities by foreign nationals. In Namibia a business can be managed and property purchased through companies, closed corporations and/or business trusts.
How do I register a micro business loan in Namibia?
To register a new micro finance company a non-refundable application fee of R500 is needed as well as a R250 branch fee per location. Application forms and all relevant regulations can be easily downloaded from the NCR website or you can download the forms below: Application for registration as a credit provider.
What is the main purpose of a business in Namibia?
The primary purpose of a business is to maximize profits for its owners or stakeholders while maintaining corporate social responsibility.
What businesses will always be in demand in Namibia?
- IT & Design. Everything is online these days so it is a no-brainer that IT & design is an industry that is going no-where.
- Renewable Energy & Environmental.
How can a woman start a small business in Namibia?
The most common permits most women business owners will need are a fictitious name certificate, or DBA, and an employer identification number, or EIN. DBAs are needed if you are using a name for your business that is not your own legal name, and are usually obtained at the county level.
How do start my own business in Namibia?
- Conduct market research. Market research will tell you if there’s an opportunity to turn your idea into a successful business.
- Write your business plan.
- Fund your business.
- Pick your business location.
- Choose a business structure.
- Choose your business name.
- Register your business.
- Get federal and state tax IDs.