Accidents and the claims process can be stressful. With GEICO, it doesn’t have to be that way. Follow these guides to know what to do after these types of incidents.
Filing your claim is fast and easy with the GEICO mobile app or on geico.com/claims. You can also call us at (800) 841-3000.
If eligible, you can schedule a damage inspection, repair, and rental.
It’s important to report your claim as soon as possible for a number of reasons. For example, accidents require a more detailed investigation. It’s also better to investigate quickly after the accident so that everyone remembers the details.
Firstly, you must know that you can file a claim if you are insured by GEICO. As GEICO is auto insurance company, the geico’s insurance claims process, is just like the process with other insurance companies, that begins with the accident. Geico’s insurance claims process include these steps:
- If you are insured by GEICO, you can file a claim by calling their claims representative, Call at geico customer service number 1-800-861-8380 and open a claim over the telephone or by filing the claim online. They will send a claims adjuster (Claims Adjuster who is able to maintain customer satisfaction while working within company policies.) to the workshop or repair shop where your vehicle is or to the car’s current location or accident location.
- The GEICO adjuster’s total inspection typically takes less than an hour and ends with an estimate of the costs of repairing your property or vehicle damage but, if there was a dispute about who was at fault in all the incident then for the crash or if there were any personal injuries in crash or accident, then this overall inspection process can take longer and they will put a Payment Recovery Examiner ( is responsible for recovering your deductible from the other party’s insurance company) on the case who will make sure that the other driver, or his or her insurance company pays for the vehicle damages or repair and the examiner will keep you informed about the payment recovery process.
- Once your claim is filed you can locate it on their website or mobile app.
Once you file your claim, then if eligible, you can make an appointment for a damage inspection.
- The inspection typically takes around 30 minutes.
- If your car isn’t safe to drive,
- The Geico company sends a geico adjuster to look at your car.
- After the inspection, you can take your vehicle to any workshop or anywhere you wish.