DriveEasy uses technology that detects movement, relies on your phone’s sensors, and uses your GPS location. It will identify when you’re a passenger in the car and/or when you’re on a bus or train so your trip does not count in your score. DriveEasy will only count trips when you’re the driver.
Is Geico drive easy worth it?
DriveEasy from GEICO may be a great way to become a better driver. The app’s technology is able to determine areas of improvement to your driving and offer you tips to become a safer driver.
We want roads to be safer too. That’s why we created DriveEasy, GEICO’s new program made to help make everyone a better driver. When you enroll in DriveEasy you could see significant savings on your bill.* It’s just one of the ways we make saving on your car insurance easy.1
Sign Up for DriveEasy
Once you download and install the GEICO Mobile app and enable your settings, your driving is detected automatically. Make sure to invite everyone on your policy to join in on the fun2
Your driving will be automatically detected and logged in DriveEasy. Check back often for your individualized score based on distraction-free driving, braking, and other driving behaviors.3
The better you drive, the better your score. Remember, safe drivers save! We will factor your driving score into your rate.
Everything at a glance.
- From the DriveEasy Dashboard you can quickly see your good driving streak, score, and last trip details.
- Want more info on your driving? The Dashboard has links to everything you need. View your family report card, your last trip details, score details, and more. It’s easy.
Log Your Trips
Improve your driving.
- Set it and forget it! Once you download and register DriveEasy we’ll begin logging your trips. No need to open the app each time you drive, we’re doing all the work for you behind the scenes.
- When you view your trips, you’ll be able to see where changes could be made and we’ll give you tips on how to improve.
Score & Streaks
Check your score, celebrate your progress.
- DriveEasy looks for things like phone use, speed, and hard braking. Your score is based on how many times we detect these things during a trip.
- Keep checking back to see how your score improves over time. See if you can set a personal record in safe driving!