MANCOSA Funding for such financial aid is made through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and hence the size of any award is determined according to the NSFAS means test.
All MANCOSA bursaries are offered for distance learning programmes, and are subject to the MANCOSA Bursary Policy.
MANCOSA bursaries are only available to first time students.
The MANCOSA Bursary Fund is subject to the following conditions:
• Only students accepted and registered to study at MANCOSA may apply for a bursary;
• The student is required to pay the necessary registration fee and submit proof of
payment together with the application form;
• The student agrees to complete the MANCOSA undergraduate/postgraduate
• The bursary will cover 100% student fees for the January 2019 academic year,
excluding the registration fee;
• The bursary excludes textbook costs, which is the responsibility of the bursary
• The student must pass all modules for the 2019 academic year for the renewal
of the bursary to be considered;
• Should the student fail more than one module per year, he/she will be liable to pay
back the fees for the entire years study. This will result in the cancellation of the
Criteria to qualify for a bursar