Does False Bay College have residence?

Our residence at Westlake Campus is for Westlake Campus Students in Occupational Programmes who reside more than 40km from the Westlake Campus.

Students who qualify for a NSFAS bursary can apply for a Private Accommodation allowance.


Application Process

1.Applicants must visit the website and click on the APPLY NOW button.
2.Applicants are required to complete a 4-step application process during which the applicant must supply some basic information.

  • Please note that applicants are required to supply an email address which will be used in communicating with applicants.
  • It is important to indicate in your application whether or not you are applying for a bursary as this information will be used by the Bursary Office to contact applicants further down the application process.

3.The last step requires the applicant to load the following certified documents.

  • Identity Document / Birth Certificate: if under 18 years / Passport number
  • Most recent academic results
  • Proof of Address

On completion of the 4 steps the student will be notified, via email and SMS, on the successful completion of the application process.

Selection of Applicants

  • The College Selection Committee will at predetermined dates evaluate all applications received up to that point; based on the College admission policy and students’ academic results.
  • Successful applicants will receive notification of an offer letter that has been issued.
  • The offer letter can be accessed via the Application Portal and must be accepted on the Application Portal.
  • Offer letters will expire within 5 days from date of issue. 

Admission Process

  • Once applicants have accepted the offer letter they will be issued with an addendum which needs to be completed and uploaded together with either proof of payment or bursary office approval notice via the Application Portal.
  • On acceptance of offer letter, the Bursary Office will make contact with the applicants who indicated in their application that they applying for a bursary. The Bursary Office will explain the process to be followed and documents required.
  • These documents will be check and verified by the campus after which admission will be approved.
  • Students will receive a notification to the effect. This notice will also contain their student number and password to access the Student Portal.
  • The Student Portal will enable the student to access academic, financial and biographical information. The student will also be able to update certain information.

Returning Student
Click here for more information

Can I apply for a second choice as the online application only allows one choice?
Yes, you can apply for a 2nd choice. You must however complete another application online for the 2nd choice.

I am struggling to upload my outstanding documents and track the application process.
You need to log into the Application Portal;( this link was provided to you in an email/SMS). Click on the  quick search bar on the left of the screen. Once open, click on the Upload Documents option. You will now see the different document options. Select the relevant option and upload. You can track your application by logging into the Application Portal.

How do I change to a different programme on the same AP?
Yes, you can. The relevant campus would be able to assist you with that.

I reapplied and have a new AP number, but I still haven’t received an email with my password
The email notification is sometimes routed to your junk mail. You can also contact your relevant campus who are able to reset your password.

I have forgotten my username and password?
You should check your communication on email and sms for your username, if you didn’t get the email please contact campus of application to retrieve your username, if you have forgotten your password, you may press forget password and it will reset automatically.

How do I apply for a NSFAS Bursary?
You may apply for a NSFAS Bursary by creating an online profile on Bursary applications to study in 2021 will close on 29 Janaury 2021.  If you have been accepted to study with us, we will assit you with your NSFAS Bursary Application. 

 What Programmes do you offer?
We offer a variety of programmes in Engineering, Business, Hospitality, Tourism, Education, Information Communication Technology, 2D Animation, Safety in Society, Yacht & Boat Building, please visit our website for more information.

 Do you offer Part-Time Studies?
The College boasts a growing Part-Time studies division. Our part-time studies are focused on Business & Education studies, please visit our website for a full list of programmes available.

 Do you offer Inclusive Education?
Learners with disabilities are welcome to complete an application to study with False Bay TVET College. Once you have expressed an interest to study with the College, we will be put in contact with one of the College Occupational Therapist who will evaluate the disability and the College’s resources to assist. Our campuses are also able to accommodate disabled persons who are not mobile and need to access the buildings using a wheelchair or with other learning or mobility assistance.

 Do you offer Work Integrated Learning?
The College has a dedicated Work Integrated Learning Department committed to the placement of students during their study tenure with the College. When funding is secured through SETA’s the College will approach WIL registered companies for placement opportunities. It is the onus of FBC students to be registered for WIL, by ensuring they have an updated CV, current contact details and have completed the compulsory Work-Readiness programme.

It is the prerogative of host companies to employ students after completing their WIL programme. However, whilst students are in the workplace for internships, they need to give it their best shot, which in return will increase their levels of employability.

 Do you offer Distance Learning?
Our Distance Learning Department has developed a supportive learning structure that has to date yielded very positive results. Programmes range from Business, Engineering and Education studies. There are intakes throughout the year.

 Do you welcome foreign nationals/international students?
Yes, foreign students can apply for Full time, Part-Time and Distance Learning, however, foreign students do not qualify for bursaries. The student must have the relevant documentation and a study permit that is issued from Home Affairs. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they have this documentation at registration as they will not be able to register without this. It is also the responsibility of the student to ensure that the documentation is renewed when it expires.

 Can I complete my Grade 12 at College?
You cannot rewrite or complete matric subjects with False Bay TVET College, you can enrol with your local community college where they will provide you with the opportunity to redo matric subjects. You can find a contact list of Community Colleges of the FBC website. How to complete your matric

 What if I have physical or learning disabilities?
False Bay TVET College supports Inclusive Education. Our campuses are designed to support students with physical disabilities. We have 2 Occupational Therapists employed at the College to support students with assistive devices (e.g. specific software, e-books) as well as a Student Support Officer at each campus to help students navigate their way through personal challenges.

 Do you offer accommodation/residence?
Our residence at Westlake Campus is for Westlake Campus Students in Occupational Programmes who reside more than 40km from the Westlake Campus. Students who qualify for a NSFAS bursary can apply for a Private Accommodation allowance.