De Beers company has opened its 2022/2023 bursary application and all interested applicants can apply ASAP.
The De Beers Group of Companies specializes in diamonds and is involved in most steps of the diamond pipeline, including diamond mining; diamond exploration; diamond sorting; diamond trading; diamond retail; as well as industrial diamond manufacturing sectors.
Closing Date: 21st January 2022.
- You must be from the Blouberg or Musina Municipality, in Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum APS score of 5 for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum APS score of 5 for Science in Matric
- You must be studying towards a full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st year of study and entering your 2nd year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology, in South Africa
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding, from another company
- Preference will be given to HDSA students – students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at University or University of Technology, within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Resource Management (Geology, Geotech, Survey)
This bursary covers for all study-related expenses, including the following:
- tuition fees,
- prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
- Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to parkae in paid vacation work, during university holidays.
Method of Application:
Students can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent academic results/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of place of birth or proof of residence in Blouberg or Musina Municipality
- Formal letter from the Blouberg Municipality or Musina Municipality or Tribal Council confirming that you are from the local area (on original letterhead and not older than 3 months)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email to: dve.TSrecruitment@debeersgroup.com
(Insert the words “De Beers Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Human Resources Office in Timbila
– Drop off boxes in the community
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.