The Citrus Academy Bursary Fund awards bursaries that cover the provisions of:
- Tuition fees
- Books and other stationery
- For postgraduate students- research costs
- Other expenses needed for the student’s studies
The bursary is for students interested to pursue studies in one of the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Production Management
- Crop Production
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
Citrus Academy Bursary Fund 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify, an applicant must satisfy the minimum entry criteria:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa, Zimbabwe or Swaziland.
- Must have completed Matric.
- Must be currently studying towards one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must be currently entering their 2nd year of study and above.
- Must be currently studying part-time or full-time at one of the recognised tertiary institutes in South Africa.
- Must have a strong academic record
- Preference goes to female students and those who have been previously disadvantaged. Open to disabled students too.
Failure to satisfy these requirements will lead to the application getting disregarded. As for the selection criteria, the bases are the following:
- Academic record
- Disability status
- Field of study
- Proven financial need
- Relevant background to the citrus industry
- Status of being previously disadvantaged
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants can apply online at: https://www.citrusacademy.co.za/bursary-fund/apply-online. Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with the online application:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary academic results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary exam results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s secondary education results.
- A motivational essay wherein the applicant explains why they want to study further, their background in the citrus industry, and how they plan to give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise after completing their studies. (maximum of 500 words)
- For postgraduate students, details of the applicant’s proposed research project.
If the applicant fails to submit any of these, it will lead to their disqualification.
15 September 2021
Address: Unit 8, 22 on Main Cnr of Greenway Close and Old Main Road, Gillitts, KwaZulu-Natal
Telephone Number: 031 765 3410 / 3412