The exams you are exempt from will vary depending on the degree or qualification you hold.
Exemptions are awarded at CIMA’s discretion.
Who is eligible for exam exemptions?
You may qualify for exemptions if you:
- Are a graduate with a qualification listed in our database of CIMA accredited programmes.
- Are a graduate of a degree programme that is related to the CIMA syllabus.
- Are an Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) student or member.
- Have an MBA or a Master’s in Accounting.
- Are a member or passed finalist of ICWAI or ICMAB, or a member of ICMAP.
- Are studying or have completed a relevant qualification with another professional body.
You can search for your qualification in the CIMA exemptions database. If your degree or qualification is not listed, you may still be eligible for exemptions.