You need to have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
NSFAS will be able to pay successful students’ registration fees effectively and without delays.
Do you qualify?
- A South African citizen;
- Financially needy as determined by the NSFAS means test;
- Academically deserving and can demonstrate the ability to succeed in your studies; and
- If you have applied or are applying to study at a public university or TVET College for a qualification.
- You need to have passed Grade 09/10/11/12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET College.
- You need to have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
- All applicants currently receiving SASSA grants will not be means tested;
- Orphans and children with unemployed parents;
- All learners from no-fee schools.
Watch this NSFAS demonstration video to help you complete your online application. Applications will close on 30 November,
Manual application forms can be downloaded from the NSFAS website and emailed to: email@example.com.
Applicants who receive NSFAS funding will not be required to reapply for the duration of their initial registered course.