The healthcare industry is constantly changing with new technologies and approaches to care to improve the detection, diagnosis and management of chronic and acute illness, as well as having a strong emphasis of keeping populations healthy. Our nursing and midwifery qualifications are evolving with these changes, which means you will be guaranteed an industry-relevant, practical qualification that ensures you graduate career-ready.
There is a strong focus on theory and practical experience, and undergraduate students will do much of their learning in our unique clinician led, authentic hospital and health service on campus. Our state-of-the-art facilities include a fully-equipped emergency department, birthing suite and day surgery. This simulated hospital environment fully-led by practicing registered nurses and midwives (clinicians), known as the Horizon Hospital and Health Service (HHHS), is the only one of its kind in South Australia.
You will then have the opportunity to further develop these skills when you embark on real-world clinical placements across metropolitan, regional and rural hospitals and health services under the supervision of practicing nurses and midwives.BrochureEnquireApply
- Study at a university that is ranked in the World Top 100 for Nursing.1
- Study at the No.1 University in Australia for student satisfaction in Nursing.2
- Learn from above world-class researchers in Nursing,3 as well as from industry-experienced clinicians and academics.
- Embark on placements from the first year of your undergraduate degree and experience what it’s like to work as a nurse or midwife in a clinical setting.
- Be supported by learning resources available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Enjoy flexible postgraduate study options designed to suit working professionals.
- Benefit from our commitment to practical engagement with industry and the professions.
2021 QS Subject Rankings
2ComparED (QILT): Course Experience Questionnaire 2018-19 — Overall Satisfaction Indicator (Postgraduate). Public universities only.
32018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).