Butterworth Hospital Nursing School : This is part of Lilitha Nursing College South Africa. Lilitha Nursing College is one of the best Nursing Colleges in South Africa
|Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements||Butterworth Hospital Nursing School courses|
|Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Online application||Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Fees|
|Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Application closing date||Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Vacancies|
|Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Prospectus||Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Bursaries|
|Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Contact details||Butterworth Hospital Nursing School Application forms|
Fundraising in the Sub Campus is done for catering for activities such as student and staff
Farewell, lamp lighting, Pledge of Service that are hosted in the Sub Campus for the outgoing groups.
Fundraising mentioned above is done by the student body and the staff of Butterworth Sub Campus.
The main Campus and the central College also assist where possible for the above mentioned college activities
Butterworth Outreach Programmes
Students at this Sub Campus are actively involved in the community projects such as gardening during their CBE allocation.
These students participate in the health calendar days activities in the communities such, World
AIDS Day, TB Awareness months, Condom weeks etc
Butterworth The Local SRC structure
At Butterworth Sub Campus there is an SRC body which represents students on management issues. This SRC liaise with the main Campus and provincial SRC on various issues related to student mattersPortfolio
Public relations officer
Campus liaison officer
Education and transportation
Butterworth Jobs and Careers
Butterworth Sub Campus employs the following categories of people:
- Clerks e.g. Admin clerks, Data Capturers
- Cleaners which we call general assistants.
Courses offered as they are accredited by SANC are:
- R.254 one year midwifery course with the quota of 30 students per intake.
- R.2175 two year enrolled nursing course with the quota of 25 students per intake.
- R.2176 one year enrolled nursing auxiliary course with the quota of 20 students per intake.
The students are involved in many activities in this satellite campus as they are listed below.
- Sporting activities, e.g. Football and Netball.
- Choir for the Sub Campus, for prize giving and farewell function, lamp lighting and Pledge of Service.
- Cleaning campaigns in the Satellite and the hospital as a whole.
- Learner Representative Council activities, e.g. meetings.
- Members of the following committees: Catering, Burial, Accommodation, Recreational.
- Academic activities: career exhibition/ road shows
- There is an old nurses home which is accommodating 30 students but presently (May 2015) is still declared inhabitable, awaiting renovations.
- The new nurses home is accommodating 60 students and is being shared between students and community service officers of Butterworth hospital.
- There are two categories of students at Butterworth Satellite campus, i.e. those that are on study leave 18.1 and those that are from school or have never been nurses before.
- Those students who are on study leave look for accommodation around the satellite campus due to limited space in the nurses home and the 18.2 students and caregivers are accommodated in the nurses home.
- Total number of students to be accommodated in the nurses home is 95 per year.
- For excursions, PHC and CBE Students hire the private transport to and from the sites, the reason being that they get the stipend for their educational needs. The college has obligation to transport the students if the transport is available. They are catered for the above stated educational activities. (Transport in these instances is provided by the main campus). On and off transport is due to transport challenges that are experienced by the college as a whole.
Butterworth Contact Details
Private Bag X 3051
Mrs. Mhlahlo (Sub Campus Head)
Tel: 047 491 0514
Fax. 047 491 0514