Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Entry Requirement 2021/2022
Program Entrance Requirements
- Proof of graduation from high school or a high school equivalency diploma (formerly known as GED).
- Completion of Algebra, Biology and Chemistry per description below by the application deadline of January 10, 2020. Students may fulfil these requirements by completing high school courses (taken within five years post graduation i.e. if you graduated in 2015 or later you can use high school courses for fall 2020 entrance), college courses* or a combination of both. The most recent class grade will be used to fulfil the program entrance requirements. In addition, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 (85%) is required. The most recent transcript will be used to determine the cumulative GPA.
- TEAS Test taken within two years of the application date of January 10, 2021. The TEAS test can only be taken twice in a twelve-month period. A repeat attempt may not be earlier than 45 days. Test attempts at other testing sites will count as an attempt. Scores of second attempt prior to 45 days will not be accepted. FM requires a TEAS minimum score at the proficient level in order to be admitted into the program. If you do not meet the TEAS cut score, you must retake the entire TEAS test.
What does a career in nursing entail?
Nursing, as a profession, is based on scientific knowledge which is acquired during the four years of study at a nursing college.
This knowledge will equip nurses to help prevent disease, to educate people on health issues, enhance health, and support ill patients both physically and psychologically.
As a dedicated health care professional, you will be required to treat every patient as an individual and consider all aspects of the patient e.g. their physical, psychological, and social well-being.
A nurse is an independent practitioner guided by nursing acts and ethical codes. Nursing is an extremely rewarding career as you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on people’s lives on a daily basis.
After completion of the four-year basic nursing programme, an opportunity exists for qualified nurses to further their education in various specialities e.g. nursing education, nursing management, critical care nursing, trauma and emergency nursing, operating theatre nursing, primary health care, orthopedic nursing, child nursing, etc.
There are Three Types of Nursing in South Africa
- Registered Nurses or Nursing Sister
They are responsible for the supervision of enrolled and enrolled Auxiliary Nurses as well as typical responsibilities
- Enrolled Nurses
They perform limited Nursing Care.
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries
They perform basic procedures and care for patients on a general level.
How to Apply for Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School 2021/2022Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School admission form 2021/2022 is open to all school leavers, Non-school leavers, and special cases qualified applicants irrespective of colour, race, ethnic identity, religion, gender, or Region.
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Online applications 2021/2022 can be done through the Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School website: You will visit the Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School website for instructions on how to apply online.
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Entry Requirements 2021
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Entry Requirements can be accessed through the official Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School website, Kindly visit the website to access the full Entry Requirements.