Tiger Brands has opened its 2021/ 2022 Bursary program and they are inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP. To apply for this opportunity, kindly follow the details below:
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021
Bursaries will be awarded to applicants from the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Marketing (BCom)
Before you apply, you are required to be:
- You must be South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must currently be in your 1st year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd year of study in 2022 (the year which you are applying for funding for)
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised tertiary institution (for at least 6 months at the time of application)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in semester 1 of tertiary studies
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must show strong academic potential in pure Mathematics, Science and Accounting
Below are the expenses that will be covered by this bursary programme:
- full tuition fees,
- registration fees,
- exam fees,
- prescribed books as well as a
- monthly allowance.
Successful candidates will be informed of the payment process and the requirements that must be met.
Tiger Brands will conduct interviews for due diligence purposes.
There is a limited amount of bursaries to be awarded, and meeting the minimum criteria does not automatically mean you will receive funding.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts/ record for 1st semester in 1st year of study (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Tiger Brands Graduate Bursary Application” in the email subject line).