SOLA has opened its 2021/2022 Bursary program and is inviting all Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc) students to apply now. Interested applicants should apply using the details below.
Students who are entering their final year of study in 2022, in Cape Town, and are passionate about the Electrical industry should apply.
The aim of the SOLA bursary, is to encourage solar PV expertise amongst electrical engineers in South Africa.
MORE ABOUT THE SOLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER BENEFITS
Bursary recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Funding to cover tuition fees, up to the value of R75 000
- The chance to partake in paid vacation work (with a stipend to cover the cost of traveling to and from the office)
- Practical on-the-job training, assisting with solar PV designs and solar feasibility studies
- Mentorship from an experienced Engineer, to guide you in becoming a skilled Engineer
- Opportunities to gain knowledge and insight in to the full value chain of South Africa’s solar PV industry
- The chance to gain exposure and network opportunities from a trusted solar PV company
- After graduation, the offer of employment as a Graduate Engineer, on a fixed term basis
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be residing in Cape Town
- You must be studying towards an Electrical Engineering degree (BEng or BSc)
- You must be entering your final year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in Cape Town, South Africa
- You must have completed an assignment or project in solar PV (in your academic or personal capacity)
- You must be willing and able to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast paced environment
- Female students are strongly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must complete the SOLA Bursary Screening Questionnaire
(The purpose of the questionnaire is to collect information and determine whether students qualify for the bursary).
Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified:
- Curriculum Viate
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SOLA directly:
Contact person: Nicole Muriro