The Signa Group in South Africa has opened its 2021/2022 Bursary program and is inviting all female students, interested in pursuing a 3-year Information & Communications Technology (ICT) degree qualification to apply now. All interested applicants should follow the details below.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees for a 3 year ICT Degree, prescribed books, a PC, accommodation and a monthly stipend.
The winner will be selected by the Signa Trust board of trustees and will be contacted telephonically.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIGNA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African legal resident
- You must be female
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved good results (above average) in Matric
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
- You must be interested in pursuing an Information & Communications Technology (ICT) degree qualification
- You must NOT be associated with the Signa Group or Signa Trust in any way (including director, member, partner, employee, acquaintance, agent, consultant etc)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIGNA BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Signa Bursary Application 2022
Candidates will also be required to submit a motivational letter, stating why you should be selected to receive the bursary and your future plans and dreams.
Successful candidates will be required to submit the following supporting documentation (ensure that you have these documents ready and available, as the submission of these documents will be compulsory – if you are unable to provide these documents, the bursary will be cancelled):
- ID document or both sides of ID card (certified copy)
- Passport and proof of residency, if not a citizen (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record or results from 2020 studies (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of total household income (latest payslips or affidavit if employed, affidavit if unemployment, proof of pension or Sassa grants if applicable)
- Proof of disability, if applicable
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIGNA BURSARY
31 August 2021 (at 23:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Signa Trust directly:
Tel: 087 230 0329