The South African Forestry Company Limited (SAFCOL) has opened its 2021/ 2022 Bursary programme and they are inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP. To apply for this opportunity, kindly follow the details below:
The company is mandated to conduct forestry business, domestically and internationally, including timber harvesting, timber processing and related activities.
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021.
Applicants are expected to be from the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Eco/ Agro-Tourism
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Health and Safety Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Wood Science/ Wood Technology
Management and support qualifications:
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Human Settlement Development
- Internal Audit and ICT
- Marketing and Sales
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time in 2022, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited Institution of Higher Learning in South Africa
- Preference will be given to: previously disadvantaged students, female students, students with disabilities, youth residing in communities alongside SAFCOL plantations and communities SAFCOL have signed Social
The bursary will cover the following costs: registration fees, tuition fees, required textbooks, study materials, housing, food, and a semester stipend.
After graduation, students will be obligated to work for SAFCOL for the same amount of time as the bursary they received.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be notified; if you do not hear back within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Download and complete the below forms:
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ provisional acceptance at a tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SAFCOL Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line)