Grandslots has opened its year-round bursary program and they are inviting all applicants to apply now. All interested applicants should apply using the details below. Students who are residents within the Western Cape and are pursuing Undergraduate Diploma or Degree studies in these fields should apply:
- Business Administration
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The Grandslots bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, books, equipment if required for the field of study, student accommodation, meals and transport.
Bursaries will be awarded for one year of academic study at a time, however students are encouraged to reapply for funding each year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRANDSLOTS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must be from a Designated group (includes: Black people, women and those with disabilities)
- You must be between 18 and 25 years old
- You must be studying towards a full time Undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields (Diploma or Degree)
- You must be in the 1st or subsequent year of study (funding will only be granted from 2nd year of study and onward)
- You must be studying at an approved educational institution
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding (including partial bursaries, government funding etc)
- You must have a total combined family income of NO MORE than R800 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GRANDSLOTS BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria, must submit an email requesting a copy of the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Grandslots Bursary Application Request” in the email subject line).
You will then be sent a copy of the Grandslots Bursary Application Form and Bursary Policy.
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record with proof of completion of the 1st year of study (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslip if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence within the Western Cape
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GRANDSLOTS BURSARY
Applications are currently OPEN – apply as soon as possible to be considered for the position.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Grandslots directly:
Tel: 021 421 7771
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org