Film School Africa (FSA) has opened its September 2021/2022 academic year bursary program and is inviting applicants to apply ASAP. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 15 September 2021.
The qualifications offered at FSA include a theoretical base, with a great focus on practical outworking. The college offers studies in the following streams:
- Preproduction Arts (Screenwriting, Casting, Production Design, Locations, Producing)
- Production (Cinematography, Lighting, Sound recording)
- Post-production (Editing, Sound Editing/Design)
BURSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR Film School Africa (FSA) Bursary
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You must intend on studying at FSA College in Somerset West (Cape Town)
- You must be interested in pursuing studies in any of the above mentioned streams
- You must be willing to live on campus for 2 to 3 years, until you have completed your studies
- You must be willing to contribute in any way, based on your ability
- You must be able to prove financial need
- You must be Christian and be willing to work out your faith daily (including attending chapel services and devotions)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates must follow these steps to apply:
1) Complete the FSA College Bursary Application Form
Answer these 3 essay questions (after giving them a lot of thought and attention):
- Why should you be selected to receive the bursary?
- Give details about a challenging time or experience and how you overcame it.
- Give details about where you currently live, and details about your own and your parents/guardians financial situation.
Note: please ensure that you give as much information as possible as this will strongly influence your application. Questions should preferably be answered in a word document and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- 3 months of your latest bank statements
- 3 months of your parents/ guardians latest bank statements
2) Complete the Application for Film Studies
Candidates will receive an email with further instructions after they have completed the 2 steps above.