The EY(previously known as Ernst & Young, until it underwent re-branding in 2013) has opened its 2021/2022 year-round bursary program and they are inviting all applicants to apply now. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
Chartered Accountancy degree students to apply for one of their bursary programmes. EY bursaries include the following:
1) The Academic Merit Bursary: for students with a strong academic record. This bursary will provide cover for a portion of tuition fees.
2) The Academic Merit with Financial Need Bursary: for students with a strong academic record AND in financial need. This bursary will provide cover for some or all of tuition fees, accommodation, books and meals.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Once students have completed their qualification, they will be required to work for EY, for the duration of the training contract (for a minimum of 3 years).
All applications will be reviewed by an EY recruiter and bursary coordinator – if you meet the bursary academic criteria, they will contact you for a virtual video interview (find EY interview tips here: https://www.ey.com/en_za/careers/interview-tips). If your interview is successful, you will be offered at training contract and then a bursary agreement.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Must have a strong academic record
- Must be studying or registered to study towards a Chartered Accountancy degree qualification (3 to 4 years) and an Accounting Honours/ Certificate in Theory in Accounting (CTA) (1 year)
- Must be studying or accepted to study at one of the following SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants) accredited Universities: University of Witwatersrand/ University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ Rhodes University/ University of Cape Town/ University of Western Cape/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of Free State/ North West University/ University of KwaZulu-Natal/ University of Fort Hare/ University of Limpopo/ University of Zululand/ University of Venda/ Walter Sisulu University/ UNISA/ Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University/ Monash (IIE MSA)/ Institute of Accounting Science
- Must have achieved a minimum of 4 A’s in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Must have strong accounting skills
- Must have the ability to build relationships
- Academic Merit with Financial Need Bursary: must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online here: EY Bursary Application
(Reference number: JOH002YS)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final academic report or transcript (certified copy)
- Latest fee quote from University (on letterhead)
- Proof of University registration (on letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Academic Merit with Financial Need Bursary: proof of household income
None – applications are open throughout the year.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact EY directly via their contact form: https://www.ey.com/en_za/connect-with-us