Cullinan Diamond Mine has opened its 2021/2022 Bursary programme and is expecting all interested applicants to apply now.
Cullinan is the top global source of very rare blue diamonds. The mine is well known for discovering the largest rough gem diamond ever found, at over 3 000 carats – it was named the Cullinan diamond and was cut to form the two most important diamonds in the British Crown Jewels. In fact, the mine produces many of the world’s most famous diamonds.
Below are the procedures to apply:
This bursary programme will end on 8 November 2021.
This bursary will be given to applicants within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Before you apply, make sure you fall within these specifications and requirements:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the Degrees listed above in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa, in 2022
- Current Matric students: you must receive a favourable psychometric assessment report
- Current University or University of Technology students: you must have a strong academic record
- You must pass the panel interview assessment
- You must satisfy the minimum standard, as per the Company Vetting Policy and medical requirements
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the mining sector
- You must be willing to relocate to operations in rural areas if required
- Preference will be given to candidates who achieve a minimum Admission Point Score (APS) of 35
- Preference will be given to children of permanent employees, applicants on the Company scholarship programmes, students from local and labour sending areas
- Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups (in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan)
This bursary program covers tuition fees, accommodation in residence or allowance for private accommodation, meal allowance, a bi-annual cash allowance, and a travel allowance for vacation work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, download the application form here
NB: Attach copies of the following documents when submitting your application.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted via email to: Clive.Gounden@petradiamonds.com
(Insert the words “Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).