BBD has opened its year-round bursary program and they are inviting all applicants to apply now. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
BBD was formed by 3 developers – Tom Budge, Sandra Barone and Ralf Dominick, in 1984. The companies services and expertise include the following areas – systems integration, user experience design, mobile app services, software development, IT & development consulting, as well as maintenance and support.
MORE ABOUT THE BBD BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide coverage of university tuition fees and a monthly allowance for living expenses and incidentals. Apart from the financial aspect of the bursary, students will also receive support and mentorship throughout their studies.
For 1 week of every year, all BBD bursary recipients are required to attend an onsite workshop where they will meet other bursars and experience the BBD culture. The Vac Week workshop will include partaking in a group project where you will use the latest tech to create fun, practical solutions. Students will also gain practical experience throughout the programme and have exposure to a variety of technologies and tools. After graduation, students will be placed in the BBD Graduate Programme and begin working on real project teams.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BBD BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or accepted to study within on of the aforementioned fields of study (Bachelors, Honours, Masters or Doctorate)
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of of 65% for tertiary studies, if currently studying
- You must be passionate about technology, and creating and building software
- You must be interested in software development
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BBD BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: BBD Bursary & Beyond Programme 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcripts, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- University acceptance letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Link to your personal coding projects on GitHub or equivalent platform, if applicable
Please note: by applying for this bursary, you are consenting to BBD verifying your educational qualifications and employment history, as well as conducting a credit check and criminal check from a registered credit bureau or SAPS.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BBD BURSARY
Applications are currently OPEN. A closing date has not been disclosed – students are encouraged to apply ASAP.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BBD directly:
Tel: 011 532 8300
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
or submit your query via their contact form: https://bbdsoftware.com/contact-us/